Friday, January 22, 2010

Scene 2 Take 1--- ACTION!!

In short,class last night was great. It wasn't until last night that I realized the amount of "behind-the-scene" work that goes on in the production of a movie. Eric did a great job by going through the steps in a very interesting way. The tutorials that were shown at the end of class made it more interesting.
Although I knew that a significant amount of time was required and spent in the preparation, shooting, editing and overall production of a movie, I didn't know how intensive the process was like until I saw the behind the scene works of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I was really amazed to see how some people are just able to visualise a scene, then put it in a form of a drawing, by making storyboards. That shows the artistic value that is put into the making of these movies. People putting their lives at risk, just in order to get the sound of an animal (lions, elephants) makes it even more frightening,yet interesting. Now, I can understand and appreciate these movies since I now realize the amount and depth of efforts put into them.
Now that the short films have been assigned, I am more than ready to start putting them together in order to make a complete thought. Windows movie maker keeps messing up, but hopefully I'd find something that works. Goodluck to everyone and let's have fun with it. *CUT*

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog titles and theme, it's great!

    It is so amazing how the idea gets transferred from the mind to storyboard to the real thing. When I try to execute an idea from my mind to paper to real thing, it hardly ever works out as planned....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny..:)
    It really is incredible to see how they are able to just read the script, then start making up storyboards.I was wondering if they learnt all of these in school, or if it was backed with some artistic talents.Obviously the latter because I am already getting into a lot of problems with the individual projects.LOL....I was like " mahn!! I'd just have to do this my way." haha..hopefully it all makes sense in the end though... Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it really is amazing how much detailed work there is behind movies like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. It's basically like filming it isn't even the biggest part! That's a concept that's hard for me to wrap my head around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha..you are right Elizabeth. Even the filming is nothing compared to the other parts that come together to make it great. The filming is just the basic part, I guess..LOL..Quite interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're giving you just a taste. I hope it will be as creative as it is humbling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The storyboards were also very intriguing to me. It is unreal how someone can draw pictures that actually appear in the movie. And not only draw these pictures, but draw them accurately. Some of those storyboards for LoTR and Star Wars were so detailed! I am definitely impressed by the artistic abilities of storyboard creators.

    ReplyDelete