Monday, February 8, 2010

Scene 4 Take 1......ACTION!!!

Well, after 2 film production and editing workshops,and various movies that confirm how they work, I feel that I have a better understanding of what is involved in getting movies together. The same way, I believe that I can employ these skills that I've gathered and propose that we use it in our short film project.

This week's class was very interesting considering the fact that Eric did a great job explaining all the various cinematography concepts and ideas. All these things come together to give me ideas as to what to do on this project. Most importantly, I would love to see my team-mates and I come to a consensus as to what we'd all want to see in our short film as well as what not to include. No matter how different our ideas may be, there's one thing that all of us would want : GOOD LIGHTING!!!!

From cinematography class,we learnt about the basic 3 point lighting method, and tried to figure out where the different kinds of lights were placed in movies that we saw.I believe that lighting is definitely important because it brings out the life in the characters as well as makes the shots more clear and appealing, as the actors get more in focus.

Next, I'd want to try a voice-over narration, depending on what kind of movie we decide to make (adventure, romance etc) Since this is a short movie, I think that it would be very helpful, since it gives the audience, more information about what is going on, in a few scenes, just as it was used in Sunset Boulevard. At some point in our project therefore, I would love to see this in use.

Depth-of -field and focus have become things that I generally look out for these days, anytime I see something on screen. I'd absolutely love to include these in our project. Getting a really good focus, and incorporating the various forms of focusing.I'd really really want to try the deep focus because it makes the scene looks really Cool. I'd want us to consider the depth of field too,which means that we'd place much emphasis on zooming and the different kinds of shots.

All these I believe, are possible considering the extensive workshops we've had and the ideas that my team members and I would bring on board. I would therefore love to see all these in our short film, just to have a feel of what it feels like to be involved in bringing out ideas for a creative work. Until then, good-luck to everyone and happy Snow day... :) *CUT*

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be a challenge to work with the limited time and equipment we have. But sometimes challenges lead to creativity!

    ReplyDelete