Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time for a recap.....ACTION!!!!

Well, there's not enough to be said about last week's class, considering that it was dedicated completely to discussing how our short film projects were coming up. For those who had started, it was a good time to let us know what their successes were, as well as what drawbacks they encountered. They did a really great job by giving all of us some very good advice in order to make good use of our shooting time.

And oh...before class, a senior honors/film major student showed us the final piece of his movie he had been working on for almost a year,if I got that right. Honestly, for a movie that was written and directed by this student,I feel that there is something to definitely love about it. Although it was obvious that this movie didn't win the hearts of many in the class, I love the enthusiasm with which the student presented and answered the questions that were thrown at him after the movie. On one hand, I was grateful that he showed this movie at a time that we are preparing to do something similar, although within a relatively shorter time. First of all the movie made me think for a second about the importance of lightning, in our short films. Although I'm not sure if that was done on purpose, the main problem with the movie, in my opinion was the lightning. Although the best was done, I still think that it could have been much better. Also, it looked as though the complete thought (plot) of the story was not made elaborate enough in the movie. It was when he told us about the story, that I could understand the movie better. Maybe I was just too slow. :( Overall, I think that he did well, although it could have been better.

Next, Eric went through some movies with us online, pointing out things that were worth knowing; shots, sound effects, etc. Class was much dedicated to all the things to expect or do whilst getting the project done.

About an hour to the end of class, we divided out into our respective groups, where we discussed what the present and future plans concerning our projects were. Our group used this opportunity to make final touches to our script, as well as make sure that we had al props ready for the project. Although we don't start shooting until April, I feel that we are ready to get this done. Goodluck to whichever group is shooting now...and Happy long awaited Spring break to all of us... :)

2 comments:

  1. I also feel that our group is ready to hit the streets with a camera. I know that we will run into some issues, just like everyone else, but I feel as though we've had all this time to prepare and we're ready. I can't wait to start filming and see how the scenes in our heads will play out on camera. I hope everything goes basically how we envisioned it. We'll see! Happy spring break Wilson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be ready to improvise and make lemonade out of whatever lemons pop up. Planning assiduously is key, but so is being able to adjust on the fly when your planning doesn't work out!

    ReplyDelete